MEIRA Saudi Chapter & Bloomberg IR Breakfast
The MEIRA Saudi Chapter and Bloomberg organised an IR breakfast in Riyadh titled “Index upgrade and its implications for IROs”. During the session, the delegates had the opportunity to discuss the key implications regarding the index upgrade in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from an Investor Relations perspective. The event also offered our delegates an exclusive opportunity to network with other IR professionals and market practitioners in the region.
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and breakfast
09:00 – 09:30 Panel discussion: the Saudi market today, where are we?
- Index upgrades: what does it mean for the Saudi market and the regional listed companies?
- Passive investment: how to deal with it
- Market liquidity and investment flow
09:30 – 09:45 Q&A
09:45 – 10:00 Networking
- Rayan Al-Karawi, Investor Relations Director, Zain KSA and MEIRA Saudi Chairman
- Ahmed R Khan, CFA, FRM, Head of Buy-Side Research, HSBC
- Aqib E. Mehboob, Senior Analyst, Saudi Fransi Capital
- Moderator: James Coyle, Senior Account Manager, Bloomberg
- Index upgrades in the Kingdom will open a new poll of investors and will diversify the market but will also increase the expectations from listed companies and ultimately, from their IR teams.
- Transparency and disclosure will be essential in order to maintain sustainable growth and be able to benefit from the index upgrades in the Kingdom and in the overall region.
- Although the largest companies will be the main one driving these changes in the market, small-mid companies will also benefit as a rising tide lifts all boats.