Our Chapter in Saudi Arabia was established in May 2017 supported by the Saudi stock Exchange “Tadawul”. The founding members are: Paul Gay and Ikram Ulhaque from Almarai, Walid Al Hakim from Ma’aden, Faisal Al Modlij from Sipchem, Rayan Al Karawi from Zain KSA and Samantha Bartel Al Khalaf.
The Chapter is working closely with the Exchange and CMA to support opening of the market to international investors, as well as Saudi Arabia's reclassification to Emerging Market status on MSCI and FTSE.
The Chapter is chaired by Rayan AlKarawi, Investor Relations Manager at Zain KSA.
The Saudi Chapter is formed by the following members, each volunteering for at least one area of key responsibility, or ‘pillar’ in line with MEIRA structure:
- Faisal Al Modlij, Sipchem: Head of Communications & PR
- Ibrahim Alkharji, STC: Head of Professional Development
- Munirah Al Zahrani, Almarai: Head of Programs
- Rayan AlKarawi, Zain KSA: Chairman, Head of Chapter Development
- Samantha Al Khalaf, Instinctif Partners: Board Secretary & Treasurer
- Tareq K. Alangari, Mobily: Head of Events
- Walid Al Hakim: Head of Membership & Network
For more information about the Association’s activities in Saudi Arabia please contact Rayan AlKarawi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rayan Joined Zain Saudi Arabia in 2014. He is an award-winning Investor Relations professional, with a career that spans more than 25 years, having held key positions covering areas such as financial markets, corporate finance and financial policies, apart from investor relations. The organizations he worked for include: the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority, the Saudi Arabian Investment Bank and Dar Al-Arkan. Rayan holds a Bachelor’s Degree in International Business from Schiller International University, London. He is also one of the founding members of the Saudi Chapter of the Middle East Investor Relations Association (MEIRA).